All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Estonian Golden Age introduces an alternative view on age-old and controversial topics that are holding up Estonian aspirations of prosperity. Estonia, kwn as The Baltic Tiger, is one of New Europe's most impressive ecomic turn-around stories since gaining independence from the Soviet Union in 1991. They implemented invative ideas such as flat tax, online voting and e-government. At one point, the leaders were predicting that Estonia would become one of Europe's five richest nations. Now the nation is on the verge of an unprecedented ecomic crisis, the leaders have retracted this statement as too ambitious. This book contends that if leaders combine pragmatic long term vision with bold decisions, the dream can still come true.
- Author BiographyAlexander Grover has been living in Estonia for almost five years. As an entrepreneur and a Director at a major regional investment bank, he has eye-witnessed both the dramatic boom and bust in Estonia. He was born in Minnesota and grew up in Chicago, graduated with a Bachelors degree in Nuclear Engineering from Kansas State University and received his MBA from the University of Illinois. He is married, served as a United States Navy Officer and held corporate positions at Ericsson and Sears Holding Corp.
- Author(s)Alexander Grover
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.