All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second Vatican Council endorsed an engagement with the modern and secularized world through a renewed proclamation of the Gospel. John Paul II described this as the New Evangelization, and in 2010, Benedict XVI confirmed this priority by creating the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization to 're-propose the perennial truth of the Gospel.' The New Evangelization was the subject of the Syd of Bishops in 2012 and in 2014 Pope Francis gave his reflections on the topic in Evangelii Gaudium. The New Evangelization draws on material presented and discussed at the conference 'Vatican II, 50 Years On: The New Evangelization' organised by Leeds Trinity University on 26-29th June 2012. Part I traces the historical and theological links between the Council and the New Evangelization. Part II examines the renewed understanding of the Church as a result of the Council and the extent to which it is shaped by civilization. Part III analyzes the nature of the New Evangelization and its outworking in today's multifarious context of cultures, religions and societies. Part IV deals with the implementation of the New Evangelization by different communities and organizations and the issues this raises. In the Introduction and Conclusion, the editors reflect on the New Evangelization in the light of significant developments since 2012.
- Author BiographyMgr Paul Grogan, MA, is Chaplain of Leeds Trinity University, UK. Kirsteen Kim, PhD, is Professor of Theology and World Christianity at Leeds Trinity University, UK, and editor of Mission Studies.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight443 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Volume editorKirsteen Kim,Paul Grogan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.