All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionSocial scientists have long declared their automy from the natural sciences, and in doing so have tended to neglect important biological constraints on human nature. Many sociological theories have suggested a nearly complete malleability of patterns of social life. The New Evolutionary Social Science challenges this view by building on Stephen K. Sanderson's 'Darwinian conflict theory' which sets out to synthesise sociological theories with key findings from biology into an overarching scientific paradigm. Configuring and expanding this groundbreaking theory, the contributors to this volume are well-kwn European and American experts in evolutionary science. The New Evolutionary Social Science develops a new basis for understanding social change and the world's future through a better integration of the natural and social sciences.
- Author BiographyHeinz-Jurgen Niedenzu is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. Tamas Meleghy is Professor of Sociology at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. Peter Meyer is Professor of Sociology at the University of Augsburg, Germany.
- Author(s)Heinz-Jurgen Niedenzu,Peter Meyer,Tamas Meleghy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.