All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe good, the bad, and the scary of Washington's attempt to reform Wall Street The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act is Washington's response to America's call for a new regulatory framework for the twenty-first century. In The New Financial Deal, author David Skeel offers an in-depth look at the new financial reforms and questions whether they will bring more effective regulation of contemporary finance or simply cement the partnership between government and the largest banks. * Details the goals of the legislation, and reveals that how they are handled could dangerously distort American finance, making it more politically charged, less vibrant, and further removed from basic rule of law principles * Provides an inside account of the legislative process * Outlines the key components of the new law To understand what American financial life is likely to look like in five, ten, or twenty years, and how regulators will respond to the next crisis, we need to understand Dodd-Frank. The New Financial Deal provides that understanding, breaking down both what Dodd-Frank says and what it all means.
- Author BiographyDAVID SKEEL is the S. Samuel Arsht Professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He is author of Icarus in the Boardroom: The Fundamental Flaws in Corporate America and Where They Came From; Debt's Dominion: A History of Bankruptcy Law in America; and numerous articles on bankruptcy, corporate law, and other topics. His commentary has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Weekly Standard, Books & Culture, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)David Skeel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byWilliam D. Cohan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.