The New Gettysburg Campaign Handbook: Facts, Photos, and Artwork for Readers of All Ages, June 9 - July 14, 1863 by Steven Stanley, J. David Petruzzi (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.74+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthors J. David Petruzzi and Steven Stanley use clear and concise writing with original maps, modern and historic photographs, tables, charts, and artwork to narrate the history of the Gettysburg Campaign from the opening battle at Brandy Station in Virginia on June 6, 1863, to the escape of Gen. Robert E. Lee's Confederate Army of Northern Virginia across the Potomac River on July 14, 1863. Chapters include quotes of interest from participants, tables and charts of the ages and seniority ranking of the generals of both sides; weather observations during the battle; a stunning photographic study of the entire campaign; a discussion of the battle's myths and controversies; biographies of select officers, civilians, and battlefield photographers; trivia about the campaign; a comprehensive order of battle; a suggested reading list and websites; and much more. As enjoyable to look at as it is easy to use, every student of the Civil War and Gettysburg will want a copy of The New Gettysburg Campaign Handbook as a constant companion while reading other books on the campaign, and even as a supplement and general field guide while walking the hallowed Pennsylvania ground. About the Authors J. David Petruzzi is an award-winning Civil War cavalry historian. He is the author of many articles for a wide variety of publications, and has written or co-authored several books. Steven Stanley lives in Gettysburg and is a graphic artist specialising in historical map design and battlefield photography.
- Author BiographyJ. David Petruzzi is widely recognized as one of the country's leading Gettysburg experts. In addition to his numerous articles for a wide variety of publications, he is the author (with Eric Wittenberg) of bestsellers Plenty of Blame to Go Around: Jeb Stuart's Controversial Ride to Gettysburg (Savas Beatie, 2006) and (with Wittenberg and Michael Nugent) One Continuous Fight: The Retreat From Gettysburg and the Pursuit of Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, July 4-14, 1863 (Savas Beatie, 2008). Petruzzi is also a popular speaker on the Civil War Roundtable circuit and regularly conducts tours of Civil War battlefields. Steven Stanley lives in Gettysburg and is a graphic artist specializing in historical map design and battlefield photography. His maps, considered among the best in historical cartography, have been a longtime staple of the Civil War Trust and have helped raise millions of dollars for the Trust through their preservation appeals and interpretation projects. Steve's maps have appeared in a wide variety of publications. Co-authored by J. David Petruzzi, Steve produced the maps and the complete design of The Complete Gettysburg Guide: Walking and Driving Tours of the Battlefield, Town, Cemeteries, Field Hospital Sites, and other Topics of Historical Interest (Savas Beatie, 2009), the winner of the U.S. Army Historical Foundation's 2009 Distinguished Writing Award, Reference Category, as well as The Complete Gettysburg Guide: Audio Driving and Walking Tour, Volume One: The Battlefield (Savas Beatie, 2010).
- Author(s)J. David Petruzzi,Steven Stanley
- PublisherSavas Beatie
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleSavas Beatie Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationEl Dorado Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSavas Beatie
- Content Note28 maps throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.