The New Greenmarket Cookbook: Recipes and Tips from Today's Finest chefs--And the Stories Behind the Farms That Inspire Them by Gabrielle Langholtz (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a kind of magic that the Greenmarket holds, that even in this most urbanized of landscapes, we can eat a locally grown Bosc pear whose glorious taste can cause our experience of the world to shift. --From the foreword by Jim Oseland, Saveur Founded in 1976 with 12 farmers in a parking lot, New York's famed Greenmarket has w grown to become the largest and most diverse network of outdoor urban farmers' markets in the country, with 54 markets and more than 230 participating family farms, bakeries, and fishermen. Celebrated chefs have long touted the produce available at these markets, sourcing ingredients for some of their best dishes. Now,The New Greenmarket Cookbook brings to life the variety, flavor, and personal connections that have made the Greenmarket a culinary destination kwn the world over. Following the natural cycle of a year at the market, with chapters organized by season, the book offers easy, delicious restaurant recipes from the top chefs who frequent the stands for ingredients and inspiration. With full--color photos to illustrate the simple--yet--spectacular dishes--think sugar snap pea and whipped-ricotta tartines, pavlova with strawberries and basil, cider--braised pork shoulder, dandelion green salad with pancetta, cantaloupe and hyssop popsicles, and lemon thyme panna cotta--The New Greenmarket Cookbook is a gorgeous, flavorful journey through a bountiful year at the Greenmarket. With recipes from: Jose Andres, Michael Anthony, Mark Bittman, April Bloomfield, Daniel Boulud, Melissa Clark, Dana Cowin, Amanda Hesser, Dan Kluger, Anita Lo, Michael Pollan, Eric Ripert, Audrey Saunders, Bill Telepan, Christina Tosi, and many more. The Greenmarket provides our restaurant and neighbors with a variety of delicious, nutritious, and beautiful ingredients; the dishes we create are often inspired by walks through the market. It is also a meeting point with the growers, the people who are the most passionate and kwledgeable about that food. It is one of our most precious resources in New York City. --Michael Anthony, Executive Chef, Gramercy Tavern
- Author BiographyGabrielle Langholtz was Greenmarket's Special Projects Manager for eight years and is now editor of the James Beard Award-winning Edible Manhattan magazine. Her favorite vegetable is the Kentucky Wonder bean. GrowNYC is a hands-on environmental nonprofit that operates Greenmarket Farmers Markets and empowers New Yorkers to make ours the most sustainable city in the world.
- Author(s)Gabrielle Langholtz
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Out-of-print date18/10/2016
- Content NoteFull-color photographs throughout
- Weight614 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.