All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionNow in Paperback! The New Historical Dictionary of the American Film Industry is a unique reference work, a 'what's what' of the history of filmmaking t only in Hollywood but throughout the United States. More than 750 entries document the history of studios, production companies and distributors, and provide complete information on technical invations, genres, industry terms, and organizations. Included are entries on more than 100 film companies active in the 'teens, as well as all major Hollywood studios, and major technical invations such as CinemaScope and Dolby Sound. General entries range from 'The Cold War' to 'Westerns' and include film series such as 'Andy Hardy' and 'The Thin Man.' Extensive cross referencing and an index help the reader locate information throughout the text. A completely revised and updated edition of The American Film Industry, this new edition furnishes an informed, experienced look behind the scenes of filmmaking and an invaluable reference source. Paperback edition available 2001.
- Author BiographyAnthony Slide has published over fifty pioneering works on film history. In 1990 he was awarded an honorary doctorate of letters by Bowling Green University.
- Author(s)Anthony Slide
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2001
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note32 illustrations, index
- Weight776 g
- Width215 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd New edition of Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.