All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in our history, the Indian middle class has emerged as an important player in the elections, both in terms of numerical size and the influence it wields. For the first time, a pan-Indian class, largely homogeneous, mostly educated and universally angry, is a factor in the war rooms of almost all political parties. In the era of the global middleclass revolution, will the Indian counterpart emerge as a credible game changer? Does it have a wide and inclusive agenda, strong organization, effective leadership and an alternative vision that shows up political discrimination? Or will it be mere cann fodder for calculating, manipulative, cynical politicians? In this important and timely book, Pavan K. Varma - the most respected analyst of the middle class in India - looks at the 2014 elections as a watershed in the evolution of this class. Crucially, he argues that what the middle class does w and the choices it makes will shape the future of India, for better or for worse.
- Author BiographyPavan K. Varma is a graduate of St. Stephen's College, New Delhi. He joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1976. Pavan K. Varma took voluntary retirement from the Indian Foreign Service in 2012 to enter public life and is presently the Cultural Adviser to Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar. He is also an acclaimed author,translator and poet.
- Author(s)Pavan K. Varma
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication09/04/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew Dehli
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Weight211 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.