All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete reproduction of the 1869 Loftus bar book entitled The New Mixing Book with a new introduction by Ross Bolton. One may think it transcendental to ask, What is gin? What is rum? But early bartenders with their Jerry Thomas How to Mix Drinks in hand had to make their own cuts of liquor. For those trying to recreate these drinks of days past it therefore becomes impossible without this book to kw how strong were cocktail ingredients. Loftus was a London, England manufacturer for the wine and spirit trade. In this book one will find gauging instruments, corking machines, corkscrews, bottling taps, labels, and much more. In the book they list information and instruction for diluting gin, brandy, whiskey, rum, cordials and liqueurs. It should be ted that the recipes are most often in gallon measurements, so as to be most useful to brewers and barkeeps of the times.
- Author BiographyRoss Bolton has republished this book to bring its information to everyone.
- Author(s)Ross Bolton
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.38Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.78
- AU $29.48Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.