The New Modern House: Redefining Functionalism by Ellie Stathaki, Jonathan Bell (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern architecture is a story of movements, styles and genres. But what of the work that remains defiantly unique, refusing to submit to a label or genre? The New Modern House is a comprehensive look at the emerging trend of architecture that favours substance over style, combining functional design and sustainable processes with a straightforward, honest aesthetic. The New Modern House features around 50 residential case studies, from single family houses to self-builds, eco-friendly structures, recycled projects and creative re-uses. All are accompanied by full details, models, sketches and diagrams, allowing a closer look at their conception and construction. At the heart of the book is the concept of a new authenticity, and how an emerging anti-aesthetic approach demonstrates a logical evolution of modernist design. The book contains work from around the world, including France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan, Norway, and more. The emphasis is on unselfconscious, modest architecture projects that are at odds with contemporary obsessions with high concept design, big names and brand identity. The New Modern House is an inspirational guide to this new architectural concept, describing a diversity of new forms and new approaches to the modern house.
- Author BiographyJonathan Bell writes about architecture and design for Wallpaper*, Blueprint and Grafik. He is co-editor of things magazine and his recent books include The Transformable House, Carchitecture, Penthouse Living and 21st Century House. Ellie Stathaki is Assistant Architecture Editor at Wallpaper* magazine. She trained as an architect at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and studied architectural history at the Bartlett in London. She has contributed to Blueprint, Financial Times, The Guardian, as well as the book 1,000 Buidings You Must See Before You Die.
- Author(s)Ellie Stathaki,Jonathan Bell
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note460 colour illustrations
- Weight1510 g
- Width248 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.