All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a series of authoritative essays, this book examines in depth how museums globally are succeeding - in many different ways - in reaching and involving social groups traditionally overlooked or excluded from the museum experience.It will act as an invaluable and inspiring guide for any museum, gallery or cultural organisation - large or small - intent on engaging with the broadest possible audience. Among the topics covered are: Guests are our Heroes; Mainstreaming Outreach: Taking Audiences to the Core; Museum Provision for Visually Impaired Visitors; Participation and Personalisation; Social Media to Social Impact; The Long-Term Impact of Social Inclusion Initiatives; The Virtuous Circle: Community Engagement; Collaborating Artistically with People with Disabilities; Consultation or Confrontation; Transforming the Elitist Museum; Language Learning for Migrants and Asylum Seekers; and Planning for Young Children and Families.
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight791 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.