The New Nomads: Temporary Spaces on the Move by Die Gestalten Verlag (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $91.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe life of urban mads places new demands on cities, buildings, residences, and working spaces. This book presents temporary architecture and flexible room and furniture concepts, as well as the fitting tools and fashion, for a generation that feels at home in every corner of the globe. Today's internet generation longer needs a home. It is mobile. It works six months in a shared office in Berlin, spends the summer in a caravan in Chile, and shows up just in time for the next project at a temporary desk for a client in New York. Growing up with the internet and digital tools means living and working differently. Aside from a functioning wireless connection and good coffee, we developers, designers, musicians, journalists, and other creative entrepreneurs need, above all, inspirationnew ideas, contacts, and international exchange. So they travel from one co-working space to the next, alternating countires and continents, as well as accommodation, friends, and cultures. The New Nomadsdocuments this trend, in particular showing the architecture, interior design, modular furniture, and multi-functional tools that this madic generation has developed for its own specific needs. Divided office floors with flexible uses, temporary living and working spaces that move with the mads, multi-functional objects that are at once chair and storage space, table and bed, or cupboard and desk are all featured in the book. The necessary infrastructure is t hidden away but becomes the distinguishing design feature. Compactness and functionality meet a high standard for aesthetics, sustainability, and material. Representatives of this madic generation can be found across the globe. They leave traces, especially in major cities but also in transportation hubs. The sleeping pod at the airport is booked on short tice due to cancelled connecting flights. Desks, meeting rooms, showrooms, and catering are available or a few hours or days at a time if necessary. Experimental thinkers develop mobile units that can be used in conjunction with existing infrastructures or on their own. Putting down roots w means acquiring a weekend abode, a community garden, or a tree house. Through these invative types of room concepts, furniture, and clothing, a multi-functional temporary living space becomes a madic home. What might currently be perceived as an exception is, in fact, rapidly becoming the rule. The new requirements that this creates for architects, interior and product designers, city planners, and employers are made clear in this book.
- PublisherDie Gestalten Verlag
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDie Gestalten Verlag
- Weight1451 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGestalten
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.