All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWell over a century ago oil drove the development of invations such as the internal combustion engine, central heating and plastics, changing our world and our ecomy. Oil, as a techlogy, fueled an ecomic force that inexorably changed the way people lived and worked. Today, data is fueling a very similar change: it is the driving force for new business models and disruptive techlogies that impact companies in every imaginable industry. The New Oil shows how data changes the traditional business paradigm. How it impacts t just high-tech, high-profile companies, but also old-school, low-tech industries all around the world; data lives and breathes within every single company. In The New Oil, Arent van 't Spijker explains how companies such as Google, Nike and Adara are leveraging a 'Data Driven Strategy'. Many other examples highlight the applications and commercial potential for data. Van 't Spijker describes five typical business models for monetizing data that help you to develop viable business models for leveraging data in your own company. He then shows how to successfully put these business models to practice. Above all, he will inspire you to follow in the footsteps of market leaders.
- Author BiographyArent van 't Spijker (1970) is senior consultant on Data Driven Strategy at BlinkLane Consulting. He advises and supports senior management of organizations in developing and leveraging opportunities and new business models based on data.
- Author(s)Ineke van Spijker
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.