All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern mainstream ecomics is attracting an increasing number of critics of its high degree of abstraction and lack of relevance to ecomic reality. Ecomists are calling for a better reflection of the reality of imperfect information, the role of banks and credit markets, the mechanisms of ecomic growth, the role of institutions and the possibility that markets may t clear. While it is one thing to find flaws in current mainstream ecomics, it is ather to offer an alternative paradigm which, can explain as much as the old, but can also account for the many 'amalies'. That is what this book attempts. Since one of the biggest empirical challenges to the 'old' paradigm has been raised by the second largest ecomy in the world - Japan - this book puts the proposed 'new paradigm' to the severe test of the Japanese macroecomic reality.
- Author BiographyRICHARD A. WERNER is Professor of International Banking at the University of Southampton, UK. Previously, he was Reader at Southampton and Assistant Professor of Economics at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan. He has spent over a decade in Asia, including at the Bank of Japan, the Japanese Ministry of Finance and the Asian Development Bank, and as Chief Economist of Jardine Fleming Securities (Asia) Ltd and asset allocator of a major pension fund. He is much quoted in the media and has published widely on financial markets and monetary economics. In 2003, he was selected as Global Leader for Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Author(s)Richard Werner
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication21/03/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight552 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.