All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume approaches regionalism as one potential pattern in a changing global order. Since the end of the Cold War, different forms of territorialization have emerged and we are confronted with an increasing number and variety of actors that are establishing regional projects. This volume offers an invative contribution to the study of this new complexity by exploring constellations of regional actors, spatial scales and imaginations beyond state-centred perspectives as well as on multiple, often overlapping levels. The chapters analyse the emergence, trajectories and outcomes of regionalisms from the perspective of the Global South, specifically concentrating on regional projects in Latin America and Africa, but also in the Asia-Pacific. They attempt to identify the specific conditions and junctures of different forms of region-making in their external (global) and internal (local/national) dimensions. The volume also places special emphasis on interactions, spatial entanglements and comparisons between regionalisms in different parts of the world. By expanding beyond the perspective of North-South transfers, this book seeks to better understand the dynamics and diversity of interregional interactions. This volume will appeal to scholars of global studies, international political ecomy, international relations, human geography, and development studies, as well as area studies specialists who focus on Latin America and Africa.
- Author BiographyUlf Engel is professor at the Institute of African Studies and the Global and European Studies Institute at the University of Leipzig, Germany. Heidrun Zinecker is full professor and Chair for International Relations at the Institute of Political Science at the University of Leipzig, Germany. Frank Mattheis is a senior research fellow at the Centre for the Study of Governance Innovation (GovInn) at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. Antje Dietze is a senior researcher in the Collaborative Research Centre 'Processes of Spatialization under the Global Condition' at the University of Leipzig, Germany. Thomas Plotze is a research associate at the Institute of Political Science at the University of Leipzig, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Globalisation
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight524 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAntje Dietze,Frank Mattheis,Heidrun Zinecker,Thomas Plotze,Ulf Engel
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.