Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.99Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by rsaforever
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirty-five years ago few could have predicted that The New Science of Politics would be a best-seller by political theory standards. Compressed within the Draconian ecomy of the six Walgreen lectures is a complete theory of man, society, and history, presented at the most profound and intellectual level. . . . Voegelin's [work] stands out in bold relief from much of what has passed under the name of political science in recent decades. . . . The New Science is aptly titled, for Voegelin makes clear at the outset that a 'return to the specific content' of premodern political theory is out of the question. . . . The subtitle of the book, An Introduction, clearly indicates that The New Science of Politics is an invitation to join the search for the recovery of our full humanity. From the new Foreword by Dante Germi This book must be considered one of the most enlightening essays on the character of European politics that has appeared in half a century. . . . This is a book powerful and vivid eugh to make agreement or disagreement with even its main thesis relatively unimportant. Times Literary Supplement Voegelin . . . is one of the most distinguished interpreters to Americans of the n-liberal streams of European thought. . . . He brings a remarkable breadth of kwledge, and a historical imagination that ranges frequently into brilliant insights and generalizations. Francis G. Wilson, American Political Science Review This book is beautifully constructed . . . his erudition constantly brings a startling illumination. Martin Wright, International Affairs A ledestar to thinking men who seek a restoration of political science on the classic and Christian basis . . . a significant accomplishment in the retheorization of our age. Anthony Harrigan, Christian Century
- Author BiographyEric Voegelin (1901-1985) was Senior Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution at the time of his death. He is the author of numerous books in addition to his major five-volume work Order and History.
- Author(s)Eric Voegelin
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1987
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleWalgreen Foundation Lecture
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight264 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byDante Germino
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.