All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial learning is a fundamental shift in how people work leveraging how we have always worked, w with new, more humanizing tools, accelerating individual and collective reach, giving us the resources to create the organization, and the world, we want to live in. In this newly revised and updated edition of The New Social Learning, Tony Bingham and Marcia Conner dispel organizational myths and fears about social media. By sharing the success stories of socially engaged companies and people, the much-anticipated second edition persuasively makes the case for using social media to encourage kwledge transfer and real-time learning in a connected and engaging way. As Steve LeBlanc ted, Social learning thrives in a culture of service and wonder. It is inspired by leaders, enabled by techlogy, and ignited by opportunities that have only recently unfolded. Brand-new case studies about invative organizations such as Boston Children s Hospital, National Australian Bank, LAZ Parking, Safi Pasteur, Cigna, CENTURY 21, and Roche Pharmaceuticals illustrate cutting-edge social learning approaches that cultivate environments where great people can do their best work. The New Social Learning lays the foundation for improving the way you engage with colleagues, collaborate with teams anywhere in the world, and build workforce capability. Take the next step to connect skills and kwledge and move your own organization forward as you reclaim and revolutionize workplace learning.
- Author BiographyTony Bingham is the president and CEO of the Association for Talent Development, formerly ASTD, the world's largest professional association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. Tony works with a staff of 130, a Board of Directors, and a worldwide network of volunteers to empower profes-sionals to develop talent in the workplace. Tony believes in creating a culture of engaged, high-performing teams that deliver extraordinary results. Deeply passionate about change, technology, and the impact of talent development, his focus is on adding value to ATD members and the global community of talent development professionals. He believes that aligning talent development efforts to business strategy, while utilizing the power of social and mobile technology for learning, is a key differentiator in business today. Marcia Conner is a former corporate execu-tive who now dedicates her time to reinventing a vibrant and healthy global ecosystem. Described as a blank page systems architect, she works closely with risk-taking leaders, impact entrepreneurs, and unreasonable thinkers, ready to use their superpowers for good. Marcia is a SupporTED Mentor, contributes to Fast Company and Wired, is an activist with Change Agents Worldwide, and a fellow at the Darden School of Business. She is advisor to the Way to Wellville and MMinddLabs. She is also the author of Learn More Now; coauthor of Creating a Learning Culture: Strategy, Technology, and Practice; contributor to Changing The World of Work: One Human at a Time, and speaks across the globe on outcompeting current structures through system innovation and ingenuity.
- Author(s)Marcia Conner,Tony Bingham
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.