All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionC. Wright Mills' classic The Sociological Imagination has inspired generations of students to study Sociology. However, the book is nearly half a century old. What would a book address, aiming to attract and inform students in the 21st century? This is the task that Steve Fuller sets himself in this major new invitation to study Sociology. The book: critically examines the history of the social sciences to discover what the key contributions of Sociology have been and how relevant they remain demonstrates how biological and sociological themes have been intertwined from the beginning of both disciplines, from the 19th century to the present day covers virtually all of sociology's classic theorists and themes provides a glossary of key thinkers and concepts. This book sets the agenda for imagining Sociology in the 21st century and will attract students and professionals alike.
- Author BiographySteve Fuller is a Professor of Sociology at Warwick University. Other titles of his include The New Sociological Imagination (SAGE, 2006), and popular The Intellectual (Icon Books, 2006).
- Author(s)Steve Fuller
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight343 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.