All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in history, women make up half of the educated labour force and are earning the majority of advanced degrees. It should be the best time ever for women and yet. it's t. In THE NEW SOFT WAR ON WOMEN, Caryl Rivers and Rosalind C. Barnett, respected experts on gender issues and the psychology of women, argue that an insidious war of subtle biases and barriers is being waged that continues to marginalise women. Although women have made huge strides in recent years, these gains have t translated into money and influence. Rivers and Barnett offer women the real facts, as well as tools for combating the soft war tactics that prevent them from advancing in their careers. With women w central to the ecomy, determining to a large degree whether it thrives or stagnates, this is one war one can afford for them to lose.
- Author BiographyCaryl Rivers is a professor of journalism at the College of Communication at Boston University. Rosalind C. Barnett is a senior scientist at the Women's Studies Research Center at Brandeis University. Her pioneering research on workplace issues and family life has been sponsored by federal grants and she is often invited to lecture at major venues in the United States and abroad.
- Author(s)Caryl Rivers,Rosalind C. Barnett
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPerigee Books,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.