All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe shortest distance between two human beings is - a story. Without inspired passion things will t change. Storytelling is a social activity where two or more people are present. In a rich and lively picture language, ancient myths, wisdom tales, life stories and spontaneously created stories are shared in an appreciative way, where everyone has a voice. In THE NEW STORY, more than 30 tales from around the world and easy to do exercises give a fresh and encouraging take on how to bring about understanding, compassion and transformation in different life situations - whether at school, in worklife, at home with the family, in a quiet conversation with a friend or in the wider arena of international politics, mediation and social healing. Practical examples from all walks of life combine with leading edge contributions from six modern storytellers at work in places like Israel, Kurdistan and Sierra Leone. Storytelling activities foster and encourage the use of the spoken word over the destructive sword through n-judgmental listening and our creative imaginations. By accessing the new stories about who we are, we begin to heal the world. THE NEW STORY is a book about how to build living, sustainable relationships and being creative in our meetings with each other. Everyone can do it! This book will appeal to those looking to engender positivity and enthusiasm wherever they are, learning new skills to transform the past, hour the present and create a future together.
- Author BiographyInger Lise Oelrich is a theatre director, storyteller and adult educator who works with creativity as a method for growth, change and social healing. She is the initiative of storytelling symposia, ALBA Peace Project, Founding Director of a nordic training in applied storytelling and the author of two books. In 2014 she became Chair of the Storytelling and Peace Council in Europe.
- Author(s)Inger Lise Oelrich
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.