All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the main results of an electoral panel study which is both unique and invative t only in French political research but also among Western European electoral studies. The survey was conducted among a sample of 1,846 French voters interviewed on four separate occasions (2007 Presidential and Legislative elections). Electoral trajectories can thus be observed revealing the main trends in electoral behaviour and voting patterns across the electorate. The analysis of such trajectories and patterns mobilizes t only the usual explanatory factors (demographics, political leanings and identifications) but also ather set of political variables (issues, the campaign and the media, the candidates' image, how electoral decisions are made, hesitation in voting intentions).This study also provides interesting findings on electoral volatility, including abstention.
- Author BiographyBRUNO CAUTRES Researcher for the CEVIPOF (Center for Political Sciences Research) at Sciences Po, Paris, France. ANNE MUXEL Research Director at the Centre for Political Research (CEVIPOF) at Sciences Po where she specialises in electoral and political behaviour, abstentionism, etc.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/06/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleEurope in Transition: The NYU European Studies Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnne Muxel,Bruno Cautres
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.