All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough feminist women have existed throughout history, the term 'New Woman' wasn't officially coined until 1894, when countless British velists began to address the concept of the New Woman through discussions of female suffrage, dress reform, women's advances toward more legal rights, birth control, sexual freedom, and women working outside the home. This antated bibliography focuses on original vels and articles printed from 1894 to 1944, the era most closely associated with the New Woman. It includes all period vels with a New Woman protagonist and all period articles with the New Woman as primary subject, along with several poems, cartoons, advertisements, and artworks. Because the New Woman was also the target of many derisive articles, poems, and visual works, these critical response pieces are included as well.
- Author BiographyMarianne Berger Woods is an assistant professor of art history at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. She lives in Midland, Texas.
- Author(s)Marianne Berger Woods
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, index
- Weight272 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.