All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis illuminating analysis by one of the worlda s leading intellectuals addresses fundamental questions about the new world disorder exemplified by the war on terrorism, the Iraq conflict and its aftermath and the current state of transatlantic relations. In eight concise chapters, Todorov discusses the use of force versus diplomacy, the emergence of new powers and the reactions of different players such as the UK, France, Poland and the United Nations, to the imperialist turn in US foreign policy. He argues that a new Europe is capable of reducing its dependence on the United States and assuming more responsibilities in the area of foreign affairs, would be the most effective way of counter--balancing Americaa s current dominance of global politics. Drawing on his vast kwledge of history and philosophy, Todorov has written an insightful and timely book that, without simplyfying the issues, is accessible to all.
- Author BiographyTzvetan Todorov is Director of Research at the CNRS in Paris.
- Author(s)Stanley Hoffmann,Tzvetan Todorov
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight138 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.