All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWeekends on the road. This is the best of the American Southeast. The New York Times has been offering up dream weekends with practical itineraries in its popular weekly 36 Hours column since 2002. The many expert contributors have brought careful research, insider's kwledge, and a sense of fun to hundreds of cities and destinations, always with an eye to getting the most out of a short trip. Based on the best-selling book 36 Hours: 150 Weekends in the USA & Canada , the Times and TASCHEN w bring together the best of the Southeast. From the great urban centers on everyone's travel list to surprising locales with undiscovered character and charm, the paths lead from lunching with politicos in Washington D.C. and club-hopping in New Orleans to spotting alligators in Florida's Everglades. Featured destinations: Annapolis, Maryland; Asheville, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; Baltimore, Maryland; Birmingham, Alabama; Cape Canaveral, Florida; Charleston, South Carolina; Charlottesville, Virginia; Clarksdale, Mississippi; The Everglades, Florida; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Gatlinburg, Tennessee; Key West, Florida; Kxville, Kentucky; Lexington, Kentucky; Louisville, Kentucky; Memphis, Tenn; Miami, Florida; Montgomery, Alabama; Naples, Florida; Nashville, Tenn; New Orleans, Louisiana; Orlando, Florida; Oxford, Miss; Palm Beach, Florida; Raleigh-Durham, N. Carolina; Richmond, Virginia; Savannah, Georgia; St. Simons Island, Georgia; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Washington, D.C.; and, Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Author BiographyBarbara Ireland, a writer and editor based in western New York State, is a former deputy travel editor and deputy Op-Ed page editor at The New York Times. While on the Times staff, she commissioned and edited many 36 Hours columns and wrote a few herself. She is a graduate of Cornell University and was a John S. Knight journalism fellow at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Barbara Ireland
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight422 g
- Width240 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.