The New York Times Parent's Guide to the Best Books for Children by Eden Ross Lipson (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.06+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.46+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Classic Guide That Helps You Select the Books the Child You Kw Will Love In this third, fully revised and updated edition of The New York Times Parent's Guide to the Best Books for Children, the children's book editor of The New York Times Book Review personally selects and recommends books for children of every age. The most comprehensive and authoritative book of its kind has been completely updated for the new millennium. It contains hundreds of new entries, many expanded descriptions, and tations of additional companion and related titles -- more than l,700 in all. The best-loved classics of the twentieth century are included, as well as a thoughtful selection of outstanding titles from the last decade. Six sections are organized according to reading level: Wordless, Picture, Story, Early Reading, Middle Reading, and Young Adult. In addition to a summary of the book, each entry provides the essentialbibliographic information you need to find a book in your local library or bookstore, includingtitleauthor and/or illustratorhardcover and/or paperback publisher and publication yearmajor awardsrelated titles The unique and most popular feature of the guide is its system of special indexes -- more than sixty in all. They make it easy for parents and grandparents, teachers and librarians, even children themselves, to match the right book to the right child. Browse through the indexes and find titles for every interest and mood: picture books about cats, mice, or disaurs for babies; funny books to read aloud to toddlers; series about family life or school or fantasy adventures for a middle-grade child; books on divorce or death; and coming-of-age vels just right for someone starting junior high school. There are also indexes for books about mirities and religion, an age-appropriate reading-level index, and much more. Lavishly decorated with more than three hundred illustrations from representative titles, the guide also features extra-wide margins for tes on which of your children liked which book, at what age, and why. Thus the guide becomes a family reading record as well as an invaluable resource you'll use again and again.
- Author BiographyEDEN ROSS LIPSON has been the children's book editor for The New York Times Book Review for more than fifteen years. She has raised four children and lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Eden Ross Lipson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2000
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight939 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.