All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionShape a better future with the insights of the third wave! Is feminism still necessary How can older feminists and younger ones find a common ground to discuss issues that affect them both What does it mean to be a third-wave feminist The Next Generation explores these and other issues that deeply concern feminist therapists of all ages. This powerful book examines the psychological and cultural context of the third wave of feminism. The young feminists whose voices are heard in The Next Generation grew up in a very different world than the feminists who came of age in the 1960s and 1970s. Dialogues between older and younger feminists explore conflicting cultural images of the feminist establishment as successful freedom fighters or angry, anti-sex activists. The Next Generation discusses the issues young feminists face, including: the false sense that feminism is no longer necessary the social and historic context of young women's lives finding and sharing power in the therapeutic relationship building healthy mentoring relationships creating psychotherapy partnerships with adolescent girls The Next Generation offers a fruitful dialogue between older women who remember the bitter battles for the ERA and younger feminists who take for granted women's presence on the Supreme Court. Each generation builds on the foundations of the past, and the feminist psychotherapists represented in this volume offer fresh insights and techniques appropriate for the way we live now. The Next Generation is an essential resource for therapists and feminists of any age.
- Author(s)Ellyn Kaschak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2001
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight408 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.