All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionBased on first-hand interviews, this is an in-depth look at the people under 35 years old who run for office in the US. Award-winning journalist John Celock interviewed over ninety young leaders across America serving in various capacities, from Vice President and Goverr to Senator and County Legislator, to provide an in-depth look at the challenges of political participation for young elected officials. The interviews are complemented by extensive research to answer such questions as why do young people run for office? What personal obstacles do they face as they seek office? Does age affect policymaking? A lively work that connects academic research with practical politics, The Next Generation includes a range of stories, from Steven Fulop who left Goldman Sachs following 9/11 to become a Marine to Jane Swift, the first goverr to give birth while in office. The thematically organized chapters offer a thorough look at the political process across the United States, providing key information for anyone interested in state and local politics, political participation, and American government.
- Author BiographyJohn Celock is an award-winning journalist who researches and reports extensively on American politics and government. He is the Editor of Westfield Patch, an online daily newspaper and information site in New Jersey. Celock also moderates panel discussions regularly, including panels at Rutgers University's Eagleton Institute, Columbia University Club of New York, SUNY, and Niagara University where he was a guest lecturer.
- Author(s)John R. D. Celock
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.