Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.97
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.38
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.04
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.38
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhile examining the history of our planet and actively exploring our present environment, science journalist Michael Tennesen describes what life on earth could look like after the next mass extinction.A growing number of scientists agree we are headed toward a mass extinction, perhaps in as little as three hundred years. There have already been five in the last 600 million years, including the Cretaceous extinction, during which an asteroid kcked out the disaurs. Though these events were initially destructive, they were also prime movers of evolutionary change in nature. And we can see some of the warning signs of ather extinction event coming as our oceans lose both fish and oxygen. In The Next Species, Michael Tennesen questions what life might be like after it happens.Tennesen discusses the future of nature and whether humans will make it through the bottleneck of extinction. Without man, could the seas regenerate, returning to what they were before fishing vessels? Could life suddenly get very big as it did before the arrival of humans? And what if man survives the coming catastrophes but in reduced populations? Would those groups be isolated eugh to become distinct species? Could the conquest of Mars lead to ather form of human? Could we upload our minds into a computer and live in a virtual reality? Or could genetic engineering create a more intelligent and long-lived creature that might shun the rest of us? And how would we recognize the next humans? Are they with us w?Tennesen delves into the history of the planet and travels to rain forests, canyons, craters, and caves all over the world to explore the potential winners and losers of the next era of evolution. His predictions, based on reports and interviews with top scientists, have vital implications for life on earth today.
- Author(s)Michael Tennesen
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Read bySean Runnette
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time622
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.