All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRice has become one of Nigeria's leading food staples. And rice consumption has outpaced production, making Nigeria the world's leading importer of rice. As a result, reducing import dependence is w a major goal of Nigerian policymakers. In The Nigerian Rice Ecomy the authors assess three options for reducing this dependency-tariffs and other trade policies; increasing domestic rice production; and improving post-harvest rice processing and marketing-and identify improved production and postharvest activities as the most promising. These options, however, will require substantially increased public investments in a variety of areas, including research and development, basic infrastructure (for example, irrigation, feeder roads, and electricity), and rice milling techlogies. The analysis, methods used, and recommendations provided in The Nigerian Rice Ecomy will be equally valuable to a broad range of readers including researchers, development specialists, students, and others concerned with applications of food policy analysis and ecomic development more broadly in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa south of the Sahara. Contributors: Akeem Ajibola, Xinshen Diao, Paul A. Dorosh, Oluyemisi Kuku-Shittu, Mehrab Malek, Bakare Samuel Oladele.
- Author BiographyKwabena Gyimah-Brempong is Professor of Economics at the University of South Florida. Michael Johnson is a senior research fellow in the Development Strategy and Governance Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington, DC. Hiroyuki Takeshima is a research fellow in the Development Strategy and Governance Division of IFPRI, Washington, DC.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note36 illus.
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHiroyuki Takeshima,Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong,Michael Johnson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.