All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmritsar, India, 1919. A city on the verge of meltdown, as tensions between the local people and the British colonial rulers explode. 12-year-old Arjan Singh learns that his father has been falsely charged with serious crimes and faces hanging. But there has been a terrible massacre in the city, as British troops fired on unarmed Indians, and the city is under curfew. Anger and fear have left the population seething and danger lurks around every corner. Arjan sets out on a perilous mission to save his father, in the face of armed troops, martial curfew, and vicious local bandits. Can he escape and get to his father before it's too late?
- Author BiographyBali Rai was born in Leicester and studied politics at Southbank University in London. He had a series of jobs including phone sales, bar management and running a nightclub before he sold his first novel, (un)arranged marriage, and became a full time writer. He is married with a daughter, and his other loves are reggae music and Liverpool FC.
- Author(s)Bali Rai
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFlashbacks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black (Childrens books)
- Content NoteNo
- Weight80 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.