All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEver since Nimzowitsch introduced his flexible, dynamic defence to the queen's pawn, debate has raged over White's best reply. Many variations have been in and out of fashion, but one line in particular has proved an enduring weapon - the sound and solid 4 e3 line, kwn as the Rubinstein Variation. The 4 e3 Nimzo is extraordinarily rich in strategy. All manner of different central pawn-structures can arise, such as the blocked centre characteristic of the Hubner Variation and a variety of IQP positions. Moreover, in some lines the central tension persists well into the middlegame. The 4 e3 Nimzo provides a stern test of both players' understanding of chess, and so is an ideal choice for those who are looking to win as either colour.
- Author BiographyCarsten Hansen is a FIDE Master from Denmark who currently lives in Los Angeles. He has a reputation for writing well-researched, thorough books on major opening systems, and is known to many through his painstaking reviews on the ChessCafe web site. This is his third book for Gambit.
- Author(s)Carsten Hansen
- PublisherGambit Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2002
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGambit Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Content Note300 diagrams
- Weight417 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.