All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelving into new worlds populated by robots, witches, talking pandas, and giant stags, this collection offers funny, haunting, and heartbreaking poems. Highlighting the poet s dazzling lyrical instincts balanced by her stinging wit, it moves between high art, pop culture, science fiction, and detective fiction to produce a series of unforgettable surprises. The characters herein speak from the page, from the lonely android seeking love in the wrong places to Sherlock Holmes s hunting for a Yeti in Tibet. By searching out the heart of every real or fantastical situation, this compilation explores what it means to be human.
- Author BiographyJane Yehis a creative writing teacher at Kingston University and a contributor to publications such as Poetry Review, Time Out, and the Village Voice. She is the author of the poetry collection Marabou and the recipient ofan Academy of American Poets Prize anda Grolier Poetry Prize.
- Author(s)Jane Yeh
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight68 g
- Width135 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.