All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionYou might think that the protection of animals' rights is a modern, Western concern. In fact, people all over the world and down the ages have cared what happens to animals, and t just the cute mammals. Today animals need protecting more than ever: their lives are used and abused in laboratories, zoos and hunts, and they are reared intensively on farms. And out in the wild, animals are losing their habitats to logging and oil exploration. This No-Nonsense Guide explains the key issues, charts the growth of the animal rights movement and looks at welfare and protection laws. And it includes a practical day to day guide to what you can do to minimise exploitation.
- Author BiographyCatharine Grant is a writer, historian, and activist based in Toronto, Canada. She currently is completing her doctoral dissertation, which compares Ronald Reagan's and Margaret Thatcher's rhetoric on religion, race, gender and sexuality. She also is involved in various campaigns for animal rights, and social and environmental justice.
- Author(s)Catharine Grant
- PublisherNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleNo-nonsense Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Content Note20 charts, diagrams, maps, graphs and illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width110 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.