The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer by Forrest A. Dolgener, David A. Whitsett, Tanjala Jo Kole (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionAthlete, runner, marathoner: Are these words you wouldn't exactly use to describe yourself? Do you consider yourself too old or too out of shape to run a marathon? But somewhere deep inside have you always admired the people who could reach down and come up with the mental and physical strength to complete such a daunting and rewarding accomplishment? It doesn't have to be somebody else crossing the finish line. You can be a marathoner. The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer is based on the highly successful marathon class offered by the University of Northern Iowa, which was featured in a Runner's World article titled Marathoning 101. The class has been offered five times over 10 years, and all but one student finished the marathon. That is approximately 200 students - all first time marathoners and many with absolutely running background. This book follows the same 16-week, four-day-a-week workout plan. What makes the success rate of this program so much higher than any other? The special emphasis on the psychological aspects of endurance activities.You don't have to love to run - you don't even have to like it - but you have to realize that you are capable of more than you have ever thought possible. One participant in the program explained it like this: 'I'm doing this for me - t for others or the time clock. I just feel better when I run, plus it helps me to cope with things in general. The skills we've learned in this class don't apply just to marathoning - they apply to life! Just like you never kw what the next step in a marathon will bring, so too, you never kw what will happen next in life. But if you don't keep going, you're never going to find out. By staying relaxed, centered, and positive you handle just about anything that comes your way'. This is marathon running for real people, people with jobs and families and obligations outside of running. The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer has proven successful for men and women of all ages. Now let it work for you.
- Author BiographyMcGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
- Author(s)David A. Whitsett,Forrest A. Dolgener,Tanjala Jo Kole
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication11/01/1998
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Weight508 g
- Width177 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.