All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe celebrated Canadian naturalist R D Lawrence lived in rthern British Columbia during his younger years. This is the story of his meeting with a half-wolf Alaska malamute, the experience of Lawrence's being accepted by this wild creature and their bonding together.
- Author BiographyR.D. Lawrence, the son of an English father and a Spanish mother, was born at sea, aboard a British passenger ship sailing in Spanish territorial waters. His early years in Spain and his Spanish Civil War and World War II experiences are well-documented in his autobiography, The Green Trees Beyond. After taking up residence in Canada in 1954, Lawrence concerned himself with the environment and with the study of wildlife and plants. His contribution to our understanding of nature through his long-term field studies and award-winning publications was significant and continues to receive international acclaim.The author of twenty-seven books, R.D. Lawrence was published in twenty-six countries and fifteen languages. The author passed away at the age of 82 on November 27, 2003, in the village of Haliburton, Ontario.
- Author(s)R.D. Lawrence
- PublisherNatural Heritage Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2003
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNatural Heritage Books
- Content Note17 b/w illus
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byMax Finkelstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.