All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis magisterial Norton Anthology, edited by world-rewned scholars, offers a portable library of more than 1,000 primary texts from the world's major religions. To help readers encounter strikingly unfamiliar texts with pleasure; accessible introductions, headtes, antations, prouncing glossaries, maps, illustrations and chrologies are provided. For readers of any religion or ne, The Norton Anthology of World Religions opens new worlds that, as Miles writes, invite us to see others with a measure of openness, empathy, and good will... Unprecedented in scope and approach, The Norton Anthology of World Religions: Christianity brings together over 150 texts from the Apostolic Era to the New Millennium. The volume features Jack Miles's illuminating General Introduction- How the West Learned to Compare Religions -as well as Lawrence S. Cunningham's The Words and the Word Made Flesh, a lively primer on the history and core tenets of Christianity.
- Author BiographyLawrence S. Cunningham (Ph.D. Florida State University) is the John A. Brian Professor of Theology Emeritus at the University of Notre Dame. He has edited and authored over twenty-five books, including Brother Francis: Writings By and About Saint Francis of Assisi; Culture and Values: A Survey of the Western Humanities; The Catholic Faith: An Introduction; Ecumenism: Present Realities and Future Prospects; Thomas Merton and the Monastic Vision; John Henry Newman: Spiritual Texts; A Brief History of the Saints; and, most recently, An Introduction to Catholicism. He has won three awards from the Catholic Press Association for religious writing and was the 2013 recipient of the CSC Spirit Award. Jack Miles (Ph.D. Harvard) is Distinguished Professor of English and Religious Studies with the University of California at Irvine and Senior Fellow for Religious Affairs with the Pacific Council on International Policy. He spent 1960-70 as a Jesuit seminarian, studying at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem before enrolling at Harvard University, where he completed a Ph.D. in Near Eastern languages in 1971. His book GOD: A Biography won a Pulitzer Prize in 1996, and Christ: A Crisis in the Life of God led to his being named a MacArthur Fellow for 2003-07.
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLawrence S. Cunningham
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.