All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the rollercoaster story of a great love, between racehorse trainer Henrietta Knight and her husband, Terry Biddlecombe, a hell-raising ex-champion jockey, with two failed marriages and a history of alcoholism behind him. It is a story of triumph over tragedy, as together they reached the pinnacle of success in National Hunt racing and trained Best Mate to win three Cheltenham Gold Cups. It is also a tale of tragedy over triumph, which saw the great horse die at Hen's feet on Exeter racecourse and Terry passing away far too young, in 2014. Hen and Terry were called the odd couple because of their different backgrounds and lifestyles, but their love for each other was to produce one of the most endearing modern day racing romances. Here, in Hen's own moving, humorous, courageous words, is their story, told in full for the very first time.
- Author BiographyHenrietta Knight has lived all her life in the beautiful Berkshire village of West Lockinge, where she also trained the great racehourse, Best Mate. She is the author of two bestselling books, Best Mate: Chasing Gold and Best Mate: Triple Gold.
- Author(s)Henrietta Knight
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Content Note16pp col illus
- Weight635 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.