The Notorious PH.D.'s Guide to the Super Fly '70s: A Connoisseur's Journey Through the Fabulous Flix, Hip Sounds, and Cool Vibes That Defined a Decade by Todd Boyd (Paperback / softback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.23+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionTHIS RICHLY INFORMATIVE JOURNEY INTO THE 1970S CAPTURES THE EXPLOSIVE POWER OF THE BLACK PERFORMERS, MUSICIANS, FILMMAKERS, AND ATHLETES WHO IGNITED A CULTURAL REVOLUTION. WHAT SINGER/SONGWRITER WAS THE FIRST WHITE PERFORMER TO APPEAR ON SOUL TRAIN ?WHAT PHILADELPHIA 76ER MADE NBA HISTORY WHEN, AGAINST THE KANSAS CITY KINGS, HIS TWO-HANDED DUNK SHATTERED THE BACKBOARD?WHAT ROCK-AND-ROLL STAR WOULD BEGIN HIS CAREER PLAYING GUITAR FOR ARTISTS LITTLE RICHARD AND THE ISLEY BROTHERS? Whether you're a '70s culture aficionado or these questions have you stumped, Todd Boyd's exciting look at one of the most influential periods in popular culture will be a fun and exciting roller-coaster ride that you won't want to miss. Dr. Boyd (kwn as The Notorious Ph.D. ) delves into the personalities, passions, and politics that swept America and the world in the '70s and introduced a style and attitude that still reverberates today with the hip hop generation. From movies like Shaft, Super Fly, and Cleopatra Jones to Richard Pryor's edgy routines on race to the rise of Dr. J and other sports superstars, The Notorious Ph.D.'s Guide to the Super Fly ' 70s mixes social insight with an all-out celebration of the contributions of a wide variety of Black icons. Covering every aspect of Black culture from the period and including a quiz that you and your friends will love answering together, Dr. Boyd's hip writing style will educate while it entertains.
- Author BiographyTODD BOYD, Ph.D. (aka The Notorious Ph.D.) is a critically acclaimed author and commentator who has appeared on CNN, NPR, Good Morning America, the CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly News, and other programs and has written pieces for the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. Dr. Boyd has done commentary for the DVDs Super Fly, Uptown Saturday Night and The Mack. He has also recorded an interview that will be part of the documentary feature on the 30th Anniversary DVD release of Roots. Dr. Boyd is a professor at the University of Southern California School of Cinema and Television. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Todd Boyd
- PublisherHarlem Moon
- Date of Publication12/06/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlem Moon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width144 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.