All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Novels of Bjornstjerne Bjornson [Arne was written for the most part at Ejkisdal, in Romsdal, during the summer of 1858, and was finished later on in the year at Hop, near Bergen. It was first published at Bergen in the beginning of 1859, but with 1858 on the title-page. The story was t successful at first, and in the ensuing summer the author parted with fifteen years' copyright of it for a very small sum. No second edition was called for until 1868, when it appeared in Copenhagen, with the spelling modified. In 1872 it was included in the Fortaellinger, where it has since appeared. A Swedish translation of Arne was published at Upsala in 1860, and a German one in the same year at Bergen. In 1861 Thomas Krag printed in Bergen an English version which he described as translated from the second edition of Arne, apparently taking the German text, which the author had largely improved, as being the second edition. The translation by Augusta Plesner and S. Rugeley-Powers, which first made the name of Bjornson kwn in this country, was published in 1866 simultaneously in London and New York. Since that time several English versions have been essayed, and Arne has been published in most of the European languages. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Bjornstjerne Bjornson
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.