CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Novels of Theodore Dreiser was first published in 1976. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.Relying heavily on the manuscripts and letters in the Dreiser Collection of the University of Pennsylvania Library, Professor Pizer seeks to establish the facts of the sources and composition of each of Dreiser's eight vels and to study the themes and form of the completed works. In this study he relates what can be discovered about the factual reality of a vel to its imaginative reality. His interpretation of the vels avoids the suggestion that there is a single overriding theme or direction in Dreiser's work and emphasizes that Dreiser deserves examination primarily on the basis of the individuality and worth of each of his vels. A separate chapter is devoted to each of the vels: Sister Carrie, Jennie Gerhardt, The Genius, The Financier, The Titan, An American Tragedy, The Bulwark, and The Stoic.
- Author BiographyDonald Pizer is Pierce Butler Professor of English Emeritus at Tulane University.
- Author(s)Professor Donald Pizer
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication08/06/1976
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Out-of-print date23/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.