All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough our understanding of the structure and activities of the cell nucleus and of the namachines which it contains is increasing rapidly, much remains to be learned. The application and continuing development of the new, powerful biochemical and biophysical methodologies described here are essential in this quest. In The Nucleus, researchers from more than forty leading international laboratories describe state-of-the-art methods for isolating nuclei and their components and for studying their structure and activities, including some pathology-associated features. Volume I: Nuclei and Subnuclear Structures presents an overview of features of the intranuclear environment, followed by the most recent procedures for isolating nuclei from a wide range of cell types including muscle cells, yeast, oocytes, cells with polytene nuclei, Arabidopsis, trypasomes, and diflagellates. The latest methods are described for isolating and working with nucleoli, constitutive heterochromatin, pathology-associated inclusions, and chromatin and for examining glycosylation, sumoylation, and ADP-ribosylation of nuclear proteins. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters contain lists of necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible protocols, and tips for troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. The Nucleus, Volume I: Nuclei and Subnuclear Structures is an essential reference for scientists who are working on our rapidly growing understanding of the cell nucleus and its activities.
- Author(s)Ronald Hancock
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 463
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight689 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.