The Nucleus: a Subject Collection from Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press,U.S. (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $176.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nucleus of a cell contains its DNA and is the site where DNA replication, transcription, and RNA processing take place. Nuclei have many domains but lack the membrane-bound organelles characteristic of the cytoplasm. Instead, nuclear bodies appear to dynamically self-organize, assembling and disassembling according to the functional demands of the cell. Written and edited by experts in the field, this collection from Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology includes contributions discussing the relationship between nuclear structure and function, the various nuclear bodies that have been identified, and the organization of the nuclear lamina and nuclear pore complex. Other contributions examine the higher-order organization of chromatin within the nucleus and the dynamics of DNA replication, transcription, DNA repair, and RNA transport. Including a historical introduction to the field and discussion of the numerous pathological conditions involving disruption of nuclear structure and function, this volume is essential reading for all molecular and cell biologists, as well as pathologists interested in the role of nuclear architecture in disease.
- PublisherCold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date12/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width183 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid L Spector,Tom Mistelli
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.