All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an extensive introduction to the numerical solution of a large class of integral equations. The initial chapters provide a general framework for the numerical analysis of Fredholm integral equations of the second kind, covering degenerate kernel, projection and Nystrom methods. Additional discussions of multivariable integral equations and iteration methods update the reader on the present state of the art in this area. The final chapters focus on the numerical solution of boundary integral equation (BIE) reformulations of Laplace's equation, in both two and three dimensions. Two chapters are devoted to planar BIE problems, which include both existing methods and remaining questions. Practical problems for BIE such as the set up and solution of the discretised BIE are also discussed. Each chapter concludes with a discussion of the literature and a large bibliography serves as an extended resource for students and researchers needing more information on solving particular integral equations.
- Author(s)Kendall E. Atkinson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/1997
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus.
- Weight1010 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Series Edited byMark J. Ablowitz,S. H. Davis,E. J. Hinch,A. Iserles,J. Ockendon,P. J. Olver
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.