The Nuremberg Interviews: Conversations with the Defendants and Witnesses by Leon Goldensohn (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.45+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00+ AU $13.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by uniquebtque
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nuremberg Interviews reveals the chilling innermost thoughts of the former Nazi officials under indictment at the famous postwar trial. The architects of one of history's greatest atrocities speak out about their lives, their careers in the Nazi Party and their views on the Holocaust. Their reflections are recorded in a set of interviews conducted by a U.S. Army psychiatrist. Dr Leon Goldensohn was entrusted with monitoring the mental health of the two dozen German leaders charged with carrying out gecide, as well as that of many of the defence and prosecution witnesses. These recorded conversations have gone largely unexamined for more than fifty years. Here are interviews with some of the highest-ranking Nazi officials in the Nuremberg jails, including Hans Frank, Hermann Goering, Ernest Kaltenbrunner, and Joachim von Ribbentrop. Here, too, are interviews with lesser-kwn officials who were, netheless, essential to the workings of the Third Reich. Goldensohn was a particularly astute interviewer, his training as a psychiatrist leading him to probe the motives, the rationales, and the skewing of morality that allowed these men to enact an unfathomable evil. Candid and often shockingly truthful, these interviews are deeply disturbing in their illumination of an ideology gone mad. Each interview is antated with biographical information and foottes that place the man and his actions in their historical context and are a profoundly important addition to our understanding of the Nazi mind and mission.
- Author BiographyDr Leon Goldensohn was an American physician and psychiatrist who joined the U.S. Army in 1943 and was posted to France and Germany. He died in 1961. Robert Gellately is the Earl Ray Beck Professor of History at Florida State University and the author of The Gestapo and German Society: Enforcing Racial Policy, 1933-1945; Backing Hitler: Consent and Coercion in Nazi Germany and Lenin, Stalin and Hitler: The Age of Social Catastrophe. He is currently writing a book about Hitler and Stalin for Cape/Pimlico. He lives in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Author(s)Leon Goldensohn
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteapp 31 intergrated b/w pics
- Weight686 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.