All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate children's gift edition of the beloved classic ballet story, The Nutcracker. Christmas Eve is the most magical night of the year, when the house is scented with wood smoke and spices, and there are secrets under every bed ...When the clock strikes midnight, Clara's new nutcracker doll comes to life and leads her on a thrilling adventure, battling with the wicked Mouse King and his troops, then journeying to the Kingdom of Sweets. Retold simply and lyrically, with enchanting illustrations that capture all the joy and excitement of Christmas, this beautiful book from award-winning book-maker Jane Ray, this is the ultimate contemporary edition of everyone's favourite Christmas ballet story!
- Author BiographyJane Ray's exquisite artwork has gained acclaim both in the UK and internationally, and she regularly shows her work at galleries and exhibitions. Jane won the Smarties Prize with The Story of Creation; The Story of Christmas was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Award; and A Balloon for Grandad was shortlisted for the Mother Goose Award. Jane's books for Orchard include the contemporary fairy tale The Apple-Pip Princess, the heartwarming The Dolls' House Fairy and the fabulously festive The Twelve Days of Christmas. She is also the illustrator of Heartsong, written by Kevin Crossley-Holland. Jane lives in London.
- Author(s)Jane Ray
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Weight216 g
- Width241 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.73Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.