Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $250.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nutritional Trace Metals covers the roles played by trace metals in human metabolism, a relatively neglected area of human metabolism and nutrition. The book focuses its attention on the vital roles played by the relatively small number of trace metal nutrients as components of a wide range of functional proteins. Its structure and content are largely based on the approach adopted by the author, Professor Cor Reilly, during more than 30 years of teaching nutrition to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate students. The introductory chapter covers the roles of metals in life processes, the metal content of living systems and metals in food and diets. This is followed by chapters, each dealing with an individual trace metal. Those discussed are iron, zinc, copper, selenium, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, boron, vanadium, cobalt, silicon and arsenic. In each case attention is given to the metal's chemistry and metabolic roles, including absorption, transport, losses, status and essentiality, as well as the consequences both of deficiency and excess. The Nutritional Trace Metals is essential reading for nutritionists, dietitians and other health professionals, including physicians, who wish to kw more about these vital components of the diet. The book will also be of value to food scientists, especially those involved in food fortification and pharmaceutical product formulation. It will be an invaluable reference volume in libraries of universities and research establishments involved in nutrition teaching and research. Cor Reilly is Emeritus Professor of Public Health at the Queensland University of Techlogy, Brisbane, Australia, and is also Visiting Professor of Nutrition at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, U.K.
- Author BiographyConnor Reilly is Emeritus Professor of Public Health at the Queenland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, and is also Visiting Professor of Nutrition at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Conor Reilly
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width177 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.