All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA valuable tool for establishing and maintaining system reliability, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) has proven to be very effective in reducing unscheduled downtime for companies around the world. So much so that OEE is quickly becoming a requirement for improving quality and substantiating capacity in leading organizations, as well as a required area of study for the ISO/TS 16949. Breaking down the methodology from a historical perspective, The OEE Primer: Understanding Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Reliability, and Maintainability explores the overall effectiveness of machines and unveils vel methods that focus on design improvement-including hazard analysis, rate of change of failure (ROCOF) analysis, failure rate finite element analysis (FEA), and theory of inventive problem solving (TRIZ). It covers loss of effectiveness, new machinery, electrical maintenance issues, Weibull distribution, measurement techniques, and mechanical and electrical reliability. The book also: * Discusses Reliability and Maintainability (R&M), t as tools to be used in specific tasks, rather as a discipline * Covers the application of OEE as an overall improvement tool * Assesses existing and new equipment from classical, reliability, and maintainability perspectives * Includes a bonus CD with more than 100 pages of appendices and additional resources featuring statistical tables, outlines, case studies, guidelines, and standards Introducing the classical approach to improvement, this book provides an understanding of exactly what OEE is and how it can be best applied to address capacity issues. Highlighting mechanical and electrical opportunities throughout, the text includes many tables, forms, and examples that clearly illustrate and enhance the material presented.
- Author BiographyD. H. Stamatis, Ph.D., AS QC-Fellow, CQE, CMfgE, MSSBB, ISO 9000 Lead Assessor (graduate), is the president of Contemporary Consultants Co. in Southgate, Michigan. He is a specialist in management consulting, organizational development, and quality science. He has taught project management, operations management, logistics, mathematical modeling, and statistics for both graduate and undergraduate levels at Central Michigan University, the University of Michigan, and Florida Institute of Technology. With over 30 years of experience in management, quality training, and consulting, Dr. Stamatis has served numerous private sector industries in fields including, but not limited to, steel, automotive, general manufacturing, tooling, electronics, plastics, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, printing, healthcare, and medical devices as well as the U.S. Navy and Department of Defense. He has consulted for such companies as Ford Motor Co., Federal Mogul, GKN, Siemens, Bosch, SunMicrosystems, Hewlett-Packard, GM-Hydromatic, Motorola, IBM, Dell, Texas Instruments Sandoz, Dawn Foods, Dow Corning Wright, BP Petroleum, Bronx North Central Hospital, Mill Print, St. Claire Hospital, Tokheim, Jabill, Koyoto, SONY, ICM/Krebsoge, Progressive Insurance, B. F. Goodrich, and ORMET, to name just a few. Dr. Stamatis has created, presented, and implemented quality programs with a focus on total quality management, statistical process control (both normal and short run), design of experiments (both classical and Taguchi), Six Sigma (DMAIC and DFSS), Lean manufacturing/service quality function deployment, failure mode and effects analysis, value engineering, supplier certification, audits, reliability and maintainability, cost of quality, quality planning, ISO 9000, QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, and TE 9000 series. He has also created, presented, and implemented programs on project management, strategic planning, teams, self-directed teams, facilitating, leadership, benchmarking, and customer service. He is a Certified Quality Engineer through the American Society of Quality Control, Certified Manufacturing Engineer through the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Certified Master Black Belt through IABLS, Inc., and a graduate of BSI's ISO 9000 Lead Assessor Training Program. Dr. Stamatis has written over 70 articles, presented many speeches, and has participated in both national and international conferences on quality. He is a contributing author on several books and the sole author of 30 books. His consulting extends across the United States, South East Asia, Japan, China, India, and Europe. In addition, he has performed over 100 automotive-related audits, 25 preassessment ISO 9000 audits, and has helped several companies attain certification, including Rockwell International-Switching Division (ISO 9001), Transamerica Leasing (ISO 9002), and Detroit Electro Plate (QS-9000). Dr. Stamatis received his B.S. and B.A. degrees in marketing from Wayne State University, his master's degree from Central Michigan University, and his Ph.D. degree from Wayne State University in instructional technology and business/statistics. He is an active member of the Detroit Engineering Society, the American Society for Training and Development, an executive member of the American Marketing Association, a member of the American Research Association, and a fellow of the American Society for Quality Control.
- Author(s)D. H. Stamatis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note132 black & white illustrations
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.