All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFung zeroes in on why insulin resistance has become so prevalent and offers specific outside-the-box solutions that have emerged as the key to maximizing health. --Jimmy Moore, author, Keto Clarity and Cholesterol Clarity Everything you believe about how to lose weight is wrong. Weight gain and obesity are driven by hormones--in everyone--and only by understanding the effects of insulin and insulin resistance can we achieve lasting weight loss. In this highly readable and provocative book, Dr. Jason Fung sets out an original, robust theory of obesity that provides startling insights into proper nutrition. In addition to his five basic steps, a set of lifelong habits that will improve your health and control your insulin levels, Dr. Fung explains how to use intermittent fasting to break the cycle of insulin resistance and reach a healthy weight--for good.
- Author BiographyDr. Jason Fung completed medical school at the University of Toronto and a fellowship in nephrology at the University of California. He founded the Intensive Dietary Management Program in Toronto that provides a unique treatment focus for type 2 diabetes and obesity. Dr. Fung lives in Toronto. Timothy Noakes is Professor of Exercise and Sports Science at the University of Cape Town, a marathon runner, and the author of the bestseller The Lore of Running. After discovering research supporting a high fat, low carb diet as the healthiest option for many people, he started the Noakes Foundation in 2012, and has dedicated his life to opening people's eyes to the myth of low-fat eating and the nutritional and environmental crisis it has led us to.
- Author(s)Dr. Jason Fung
- PublisherGreystone Books,Canada
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2016
- ImprintGreystone Books,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight465 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byTimothy Noakes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- sweetsaavvy12 Aug, 2016by
Good human relations makes my day a little brighter. Thank you Wordery.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.