All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are in the midst of an obesity epidemic, but despite being inundated with diet advice we are only getting fatter. We count calories and exercise regularly, yet still the pounds won't budge. Why? In this highly readable and provocative book, Dr Jason Fung sets out a groundbreaking new theory: that obesity is caused by our hormones, rather than a lack of self-control. He reveals that overproduction of insulin in the body is the root cause of obesity and obesity-related illnesses including type 2 diabetes, and offers robust scientific evidence that reversing insulin resistance is the only way to lose weight in the long term. It turns out that when we eat is just as important as what we eat, so in addition to his five basic steps - a set of life-long eating habits that will improve your health and control your insulin levels - Dr Fung explains how to use intermittent fasting to break the cycle of insulin resistance and reach a healthy weight - for good.
- Author BiographyDr Jason Fung grew up in Toronto, Canada and completed both medical school and an internal medicine residency at the University of Toronto. He headed to the University of California, Los Angeles completing his fellowship in nephrology (kidney disease specialist). He now has both a hospital and office based practice in Toronto, and is the current chief of the Department of Medicine at The Scarborough Hospital, General Division. Struggling daily against the worsening epidemic of type 2 diabetes and obesity, it became clear that current recommended treatment of 'Eat Less, Move More' was simply not successful. It soon became clear that the medical obsession with calories was not the proper model to treat obesity. He established the Intensive Dietary Management Program to provide patients with a unique treatment focus on diet rather than medications. The program treats conditions related to the metabolic syndrome, including obesity, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea and fatty liver with great success. It now provides guidance both locally and to international patients from as far as New Zealand to the United Kingdom to South Africa. Dr Fung lives in Toronto with his wife and two boys.
- Author(s)Dr. Jason Fung
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.