The Object Data Standard: ODMG 3.0 by Elsevier Science & Technology (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis isn't a book about the Object Data Standard; it's the complete, fully authoritative version of the standard itself, presented by the researchers who developed it. This book provides all the details comprising ODMG 3.0, making the latest version of the specification the most mature and most flexible yet. When it comes to storing objects in databases, ODMG 3.0 is a standard with which you need to be familiar-whether you design, develop, or implement object database products, object-to-relational database mapping products, or applications based on these products. This work presents authoritative, completely up-to-date information t available anywhere else. It documents all the changes found in version 3.0, including enhancements to the Java language binding, greater semantic precision, and various improvements and corrections throughout the standard. It pays special attention to the broadening of the standard to support recent developments in object-to-database mappings (ODMs) that allow objects to be stored in relational databases. It provides a way to write Java, C++, or Smalltalk code that works with the entire spectrum of database products, while taking full advantage of your organization's preferred platform. It continues to cover everything retained from version 2.0, including key details relating to C++, Smalltalk, and Object Query Language. It establishes a level of stability for this increasingly important specification.
- Author BiographyR.G.G. Cattell is chair of the ODMG and a DistinguishedEngineer in the Java Software Division of Sun Microsystems.He has been with Sun for fifteen years and before that worked forten years at Xerox PARC and at Carnegie Mellon University. He isbest known for his contributions to database systems, particularlyobject-oriented databases and database user interfaces. He is theauthor of fifty papers and five books on database systems and othertopics. Douglas K. Barry specializes in enterprise architecture with an emphasis in service-oriented architecture, database systems, and object technology, His practice is aimed at accelerating your understanding and use of software technology. He is an author, columnist, guest lecturer, international speaker, and mentor. Mr. Barry has consulted to over 80 companies operating in the areas of finance, stock trading, computer-aided design, telecommunications, electronic catalogs, software development, manufacturing, and military applications.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication04/04/2000
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight511 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCraig Russell,David Jordan,Douglas K. Barry,Fernando Velez,Jeff Eastman,Mark Berler,Olaf Schadow,R.G. Cattell,Torsten Stanienda
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.